Our site at http://www.geekdecoder.com (GeekDecoder) provides educational learning information on Linux and UNIX sys admin work, but you are 100% responsible for what you do or don’t do with it.
Please use ALL information, commands and configuration with care. GeekDecoder website and/or its contributors will not be responsible for damages of any kind resulting from its use. The use of this information is your OWN sole responsibility.
Our site contains Linux, Windows and Ubuntu and other related information, documents, tutorials, and how-to’s written by our staff and our contributors as well as links to other sites.
GEEKDECODER DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTENT ACCURACY
The information within http://www.geekdecoder.com (Geekdecoder) as well as the links to complimentary materials are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, for their accuracy or reliability.
You use these sites at your own risk, and acknowledge that, while every effort has been made to correct errors before they appear, this site may include certain inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.
GeekDecoder makes no representations as to the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information on this site for any purpose.
Furthermore, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in, with third parties found on or through this site, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such third parties, are solely between you and the third party.
Geekdecoder disclaims any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on this site.
GeekDecoder shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (whether or not GeekDecoder has been notified of the possibility of such damages).
GeekDecoder expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement to the full extent allowed under the law. Furthermore, no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from GeekDecoder shall create any warranty.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from or made available on the site is done at your own discretion and risk. GeekDecoder expressly disclaims any responsibility for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
USER REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Users are required to register with GeekDecoder.com in order to take advantage of some features contained within. By registering you agree to our policies, and by posting or utilizing other services, which require your login on GeekDecoder’s sites, you are agreeing the terms within this document.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
Other marks, names, and movie titles are the property of their respective owners. All images are copyrighted by their respective owners. Use of any copyrighted images is not authorized without the consent of the copyright holder. Few logo(s) and images are used without permission, but within fair use, for the purposes of criticism or educational purpose only.
- Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
- Red Hat is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc.
- Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
- VMWARE is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc.
- Xen and Citrix XenServer are registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.
- VirtualBox and Oracle VM are registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems / Oracle Corporation.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
No affiliation between this site and of the above companies exists or is implied. Any mention does not imply recommendation or endorsement by “website” nor does it imply that the products mentioned are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Our policy to make every effort to respect the copyrights of outside parties. If you believe that your copyright has been misused, please notify us with a detailed message stating your position and we will endeavor to correct any misuse.
CODE OF USER CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which the Content originated. You, and not GeekDecoder, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service.
GeekDecoder does not pre-screen content, though GeekDecoder and its designees have the right but not the obligation, in their sole discretion, to deny, move, or remove any Content available via the Service. GeekDecoder does not, and will not, guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such content. You understand that by choosing to use the Service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will GeekDecoder be liable in any way, shape, or form, for any content, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree NOT to use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that is harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy harm or threaten minors in any way
- Falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Service; intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose
- Harass or “stalk” another individual
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that GeekDecoder may preserve Content forever. You also agree GeekDecoder may disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal process;
- Respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GeekDecoder and his sites, their users, and the public.