I recently received this error on a wordpress site update:
cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds with wordpress update.
- The first thing to do is to update your WordPress to the latest version if not already done.
- Then, check the following points :
- Make sure your server is running a recent version of PHP and the cURL library.
- Try to increase your Server Memory Limits settings.
- The cURL error can be a dns related issue. Your hosting company might need to switch dns configuration to Google, Cloudflare or OpenDNS : https://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/
- Ask your host if there is some limitation with wp-cron, or if loopback is disabled.
- Ask your host if there a firewall or security modules (e.g. mod_security ) that could block the outgoing cURL requests.
More information here: https://www.samuelaguilera.com/post/curl-error-28-wordpress